Retention Consulting / Grant Writing Assistance
Thank you for your interest in information on college student retention consulting. For information on special services for companies and business please click HERE.
- It Does Not Have to Cost a Lot of Money
- Colleges and universities DO NOT have to spend a lot of money to begin, continue or to move to the next level retaining the students they recruited and enrolled. Although most of the resources are available on campus, often a “voice from outside” the organization or institution can be helpful in reaching an understanding of retention/attrition and enrollment management issues and what needs to be done to help students meet their academic and personal goals. All most colleges and universities need is a "jump start", that is, a retention presentation or workshop to get going or keep moving.
- Current Efforts
- Currently colleges want to maximize their retention efforts. Yet, U.S. retention figures have not improved over time, even with large amounts of money expended on programs and services. Students are no better integrated into the formal and informal academic and social systems of colleges today than twenty years ago. It is time to apply common sense.
- What We Offer
- We offer a number of consulting options that cover retention issues along with how colleges can implement programs and services to help students meet their individual academic and personal goals. Presentations are also available for organizations, meetings and conferences.
- Retention Presentation
- This program is designed for organizations, meetings, conferences, college faculty, administrators, and staff who are directly responsible for developing and implementing recruitment and retention efforts. This is a presentation of approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours not counting Q & A’s at the end of the session.
A sample of topics:
- Action Steps in Starting and Implementing a Student Retention Program: Getting the Job Done
- College Student Retention: A Primer
- College Student Retention: It’s About the Teaching/Learning Process
- Involving the Campus Community in Enrollment Management: Putting the Pieces of the Puzzle Together
- RET = E ID + ( E + IN + C ) IV, A Retention Formula for Student Success
- What We Know & What We Can Do To Improve College Student Retention.
- Retention and Attrition Workshop
- This program is for organizations, meetings, conferences, college faculty, administrators, and staff who are directly responsible for developing and implementing recruitment and retention efforts and should be in a position to effect change. This is a 4 to 6 hour roundtable designed for senior level faculty members, administrators and staff, who will engage in structured discussions on enrollment management and retention issues.
- Evaluation of Student and Academic Services to Students
- Review, evaluate and critique the college’s current recruitment, admissions and retention functions. By examining these activities as functions it is possible to understand the interactions that ultimately define results. This would entail spending two plus day’s time on campus meeting with various constituencies. A written report assessing current practices and programs will be presented with appropriate recommendations.
- Customized Program
- A program developed specifically for your organization, meeting, conference, college or university in consultation with the senior management team.
- Grant Writing Assistance
- Over the years I have read and scored grants for the U.S. Department of Education. These include Upward Bound, Student Support Service, Ronald E. McNair Post baccalaureate Achievement Program Grants and the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE). In addition for the past three years I have been an examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) program through the U.S. Department of Commerce. This experience has afforded me the opportunity to know what is expected for each grant and grant category.
- I can work with your grant writing team to assure that your grant application will receive the score and consideration it deserves. If you are interested in my services please contact me.
Interested or Want More Information
Contact Dr. Seidman in confidence by Email or telephone (603)471-1490