- INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Manuscripts can be submitted in MS Word ('97-2003) in APA style to: mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jcsr
- Editor: Dr. Alan Seidman
- Journal of College Student Retention
- 30 Windsong Circle
- Bedford, NH 03110 USA
- Authors should note that only original articles are accepted for publication. Submission of a manuscript represents certification on the part of the author(s) that neither the article submitted, nor a version of it has been published, or is being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Abstracts of 100 to 150 words are required to introduce each article.
- Prepare manuscripts according to the latest Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. A synopsis of this manual is available from the American Psychological Association.
- Be sure to remove all personally identifiable information from the file.
Personal information is usually listed in the Properties area of the
document. Use MS Word help if necessary. Manuscripts will not be accepted
unless all personally identifiable information is removed.
- Footnotes are placed at the bottom of page where referenced. They should be numbered with superior Arabic numbers without parentheses or brackets. Footnotes should be brief with an average length of three lines.
- Figures should be referenced in text and appear in numerical sequence starting with Figure 1. Line art must be original drawings in black ink proportionate to our page size, and suitable for photographing. Indicate top and bottom of figure where confusion may exist. Labeling should be 8 point type. Clearly identify all figures. Figures should be placed appropriately within the text.
- Tables must be cited in text in numerical sequence starting with Table 1. Each table must have a descriptive title. Any footnotes to tables are indicated by superior lower case letters. Tables should be placed appropriately within text.
- It is also highly recommended that you obtain a copy of the Journal. This will allow you to get a feel for the style of writing, formatting etc. of accepted manuscripts.
- Manuscripts are sent anonymously to a reviewer(s) for evaluation. Author(s) will not be given the name of a reviewer(s).
- The editor makes the final decision whether to publish a manuscript and what volume, issue and order it will appear.
- Author(s) are responsible for the accuracy of all claims, references and data made in the manuscript.
- Manuscripts sent to the Journal will not be returned.
- If a manuscript is accepted and scheduled for publication it is the responsibility of the lead author to keep contact information current. Failure to do so may result in the manuscript being pulled and not published since the lead author is responsible for reviewing proofs and returning them in a timely manner.